How Common is Nail Fungus?
Nail fungus is surprisingly common and occurs more frequently with age. According to recent statistics, at least 5% of people suffer from nail fungus infections. Although less visible, toenail fungal infections are more prevalent than fingernail.
Toenail fungus isn't an isolated problem, it can reveal a lot about a persons health. A nail infection may suggest that the nails are receiving poor circulation or that the immune system is affected. Nail infections are often a symptom of a large problem.
12 Facts About Nail Fungal Infections
Let's learn some more about nail fungal infections before looking at some of the best nail fungus treatment options.
• Onychomycosis accounts for up to 30% of all skin infections.
• Nail fungal infections affects 5% of the general population, 20% of people over 60, and 50% of individuals over 70. While it affects everyone, your likelihood of dealing with a nail infection increases as you age.
• Conventional approaches to fungal infections are effective in less than half of all cases.
• The 3 primary causes are dermatophytic fungi, Candida, and non-dermatophytic molds.
• The majority of toenail fungal infections are caused by dermatophytic fungi.
• The majority of fingernail fungal infections are caused by Candida.
• Some molds can cause both toenail and fingernail infections.
• Men contract toenail fungus more often than women.
• Working in damp areas increases the risk of infection.
• Risk factors include age, poor circulation, thickening of nails, diabetes, psoriasis, immune system disorders, and excessive perspiration.
• One third of diabetics have onychomycosis.
• People with psoriasis have a 56% higher risk for nail infection.
Other simple tips for fighting nail fungus include:
• Keep your feet as clean and dry as possible.
• Wear waterproof sandals at swimming pools and other public wet areas.
• Wear clean, fresh socks daily.
• Trim your nails regularly.
• Avoid tight hosiery; they can promote moisture retention.
• By staying informed and cautious, you can greatly increase your chances of avoiding an unsightly and uncomfortable nail fungus infection.
Nail Fungus Treatment Kit Includes:
1 BottleX Anti Fungal Lotion(A)
1 BoxX Soften Nail Paste(B)
1 PCX Medical Tape
1 PCX Pedicure Blade
Directions for Treatment:
Step 1. Soak feet or hands into warm water for 15 minutes to soften nails.
Step 2. Dry nails, and scrape or file crusty part down.
Step 3. Apply a small amount of Soften Nail Paste(B) to the center of nail, spread it around nail.
Step 4. Cover nails with a medical tape for caring.
Step 5. 48hours later, peel off tape.
Step 6. With crusty part soft, go for filing or scraping it till you reach to nail bed. Apply some amount of Lotion(A) onto your nail for antibacteria.
Step 7. Follow up Step 1-6 for 2 times till diseased nail was removed.
Attention: It will take 7-10 days to cure your nails. Please don't worry or hurry.